Last Week in Marketing: Pulling New Templates and New Friends Together
[About this post: Every Wednesday, the Unbounce Marketing team takes a look at the previous week’s performance and reports back to everyone in the company (and now you!) on the metrics, highlights, and takeaways. Questions? I’d love to hear from you in the comments.]
Say hello to January 13th to 19th, 2014
It was a positive week for trial starts; 319 NTS is a good week. In fact, on Jan 16th we saw 65! Awesome day. The not so great performers were some of the other metrics we recently added to these updates; subscribers and new community members in particular.
‘New Blog Subscribers by Email‘ are coming back down to earth compared to the 713 (+200%) increase we saw last week. And, well, our community’s ‘New Members‘ are holding steady, but not breaking any records. Growth of our ‘New Conversion Learning Subscribers‘ is down 60% but that’s due to a large import of December webinar registrants in the comparison dates (we’ll see this number jump back up with January’s import soon).
We’re pumped about campaigns fresh off the press; Read on to see the new templates launched and a super fun new partnership rolling out this week!
Let’s take a closer look at how we did between January 13th and 19th:
New Trial Starts (NTS)
- Weekly Total NTS: 319, +7% (week over week)
- Daily Average NTS: 46, +26% (vs. 6 week average)
- Month-to-Date: 758 (62% of January Target 1228)
New Trial Starts (or NTS) are those who have signed up to receive a 30-day trial of a paid plan and does not include people who have opted for a free “kick-the-tires” account.
NTS by Plan & Free Signups
- Pro99 Trials: 115, -2.5% (w/w)
- Starter Trials: 190, +6.7% (w/w)
- Signups for Free: 366, +7% (w/w)
Pro199, Pro499 and Pro999 plans aren’t included here since numbers are too low to be meaningful on a week by week basis at this stage.
- Unique Visitors: 46,339, +26% (vs. 6 wk. avg.)
- Pricing Page Visits: 6,004 +13% (vs. 6 wk. avg.)
- Website Visit to NTS: 2.58%, +11% (vs. 6 wk. avg.)
- New Members: 246, -12.5% (vs. 6 wk. avg.)
- Engagement: 962, +9.7% (vs. 6 wk. avg.)
- Social Traffic: 3277, +17% (vs. 6 wk. avg.)
- New Email Subscribers: 135, -60% (vs. 6 wk. avg.)
- Unique Visitors: 21,829, +5.6% (vs. 6 wk. avg.)
- New Conversion Learning Subscribers: 304, -42% (vs. 6 wk. avg.)
- New Ecourse Students: 155, +7% (vs. 6 wk. avg.)
New Templates Launched!
Today beautiful new templates made their way inside Unbounce — They’re extra special, not only because for the first time ever we’ve focused templates on particular industries, but with the help of Shutterstock, they include photography like we’ve never been able to offer before.
The templates were officially announced this AM with an email sent to our subscribers and customers, and will be rolling out throughout today on all our social channels too.
Partnerships Whisperer, Liesl Barrell, played a mean matchmaker over the past few weeks; Shutterstock and Unbounce are officially “an item”.
What does this mean?
- 50 new high quality images have been added to our Public Image Library
- Unbounce customers get 20% off Shutterstock images (Shutterstock discounts are like unicorns, rare.)
- We’ll be running some fun social campaigns and giving away some fun prizes — be sure to watch @unbounce on Twitter starting tomorrow
(Watch for a sweet design focused guest post by Oli on the Shutterstock blog next week too)
New on the Blog
Here’s what was published last week:
- 10 Landing Page Mistakes You’ll Never Make Again by Eric Sloan
- The Secret Power of the AdWords Search Terms Report by enthusiastic new contributor, Ian Dooley from Decal Marketing
- 5 Landing Page Videos That Will Make You Jealous by Ritika Puri
Awesome appearances and shout-outs from the Interwebs:
- Fiverr Gifts for Work and Play written by our own Tia Kelly about our social holiday campaign
- How to Make $10,000 From Your First Webinar on Inc.com
- Build Simple Landing Pages: Unbounce on Wiliam’s blog
- Focus on a Feature! on Brendan & Brendan’s blog
- Hack Your Facebook Page for More Clicks on UserTesting
- 3 Landing Page Resolutions for the New Year on CrazyEgg
Standout Community <3
And for the real good “feel-good” piece of the week, check out (because chances are, you missed) what our awesome community members were saying about Unbounce, our support and our new Inside Unbounce blog:
@unbounce – just wanted to drop a quick note, I really appreciate the ease or use and great support. Nice work, guys!
— Maria Dykstra (@TreDigital) January 14, 2014
— Dan T (@tushin) January 15, 2014
I have learnt so much just following @unbounce it’s like a mini-course every day.
— Toby Roberts (@projectpath) January 16, 2014
We’ll be back with our next update on Wednesday, February 5th!
As usual, hit me up with any feedback or questions — See you in the comments!
~ Georgiana Laudi, Director of Marketing
Image Source: Show Me Some Metrics Bear