Things To Do in Vancouver While You’re In Town For CTAConf!
Vancouver is famous for a few things; it’s where Deadpool was filmed, it’s where the Olympics were hosted in 2010, it’s where Seth Rogan grew up and it’s one of the only places in the world where you can jump in the ocean, climb a mountain and go shopping in an Apple Store all within a day.
But let’s face it, when you’re presented with such a wide variety of things to see and do — it can become overwhelming pretty quickly. Don’t worry friend, some folks here at Unbounce HQ helped compile a list of things to eat, drink, see and do while you’re in town for Unbounce’s Call to Action Conference. Enjoy!
- Capilano Suspension Bridge for a great view of BC’s backyard, from 70 meters up.
- Deep Cove for Honey Doughnuts (warning: doughnuts will never be the same after you’ve tried Honey’s) and hiking Quarry Rock for an epic selfie.
- Lighthouse Park walking trails — even the drive there is breathtaking. Roll down your window and smell the Pacific Ocean like you’ve never smelled it before!
- Shopping on Robson Street, where your legs and your credit card get a work out.
- Bike ride around Stanley Park, because it’s the most Vancouverite thing to do.
- Frisbee Golf at Queen Elizabeth Park — it’s two sports in one, and it’s free!
- Walk through Pacific Spirit Park, an excellent option for anyone who brought their doggo.
- Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge for another great view of BC’s backyard, but it’s free! Mind the selfie sticks.
- Kayak/canoe rental in Deep Cove, if you’ve ever wanted to paddle around the waters where Double Jeopardy was filmed — now you can!
- Granville Island Market — even the locals act like tourists here.
- The Vancouver Aquarium — sea otters holding hands, come on!
- Catch a Vancouver Canadians game. The only time you can double-fist foot-long hot dogs and nobody will judge you.
- Vancouver Art Gallery for some culture.
- Museum of Anthropology for even more culture.
- UBC Botanical Gardens for the green thumbs.
- VanDusen Gardens, for anyone who likes flowers and dinosaurs.
- Brewery tours, to experience Vancouver’s craft beer scene (it’s so hot right now). Scroll down for a detailed list of breweries.
- Fraser Valley Wine tours for a sophisticated buzz.
- Playland, for the adrenaline junkies!
- Comedy shows at The Comedy Mix on Burrard Street — maybe Louis CK will stop by again.
- Improv shows on Granville Island, for an impromptu laugh.
- Richmond Night Market for some of the best food you’ll have in your life (be sure to go there on an empty stomach!).
- Brewery tours, it’s worth mentioning more than once.
- Bard on the Beach for the Shakespeare fans.
- Million Dollar Quartet at Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, an ode to Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins.
Contributing Unbouncers have left a few words to describe each list item, to make the decision making process a bit easier to digest (hiyoooo).
Breakfast & Brunch
- Yolks “5 words: hashbrowns baked in truffle oil!”
- Acme Cafe “Nice and central retro cafe that serves all-day breakfast, with a variety of delicious options (including gluten-free!)”
- Fable “Farm to table = Fable, a great spot for creative meals from fresh, locally sourced products”
- Jam Cafe “All-day breakfast, including eggs Benedict & pancakes, with updated comfort food amid rustic decor. Get there early and try the Charlie Bowl!”
- Chambar “Chic exposed-brick space serving creative Belgian cuisine & sustainable seafood plus brews & wine.”
- Red Wagon “Famous for their chicken and waffles!”
- Slickity Jim’s “Funky neighbourhood hot spot offering diverse menu of down-home eats & drawing locals & hipsters.”
- Medina “Snug spot for coffee & an eclectic daytime menu including waffles with unique toppings.”
- The Union “Industrial-chic hub serving creative cocktails & Pan-Asian eats, including bibimbap & banh mi.”
- Village on Davie “Amazing breakfast. Very reasonably priced and groups can hear themselves.”
- Chewy’s Oyster Bar “Oyster specialist serving New Orleans-inspired Cajun & Creole fare in an upbeat locale with a patio.”
- The Distillery “’Yesterday’s Lasagna’, ‘Hangover Cure’? How can you pass up dining at an establishment that has quirky names for their brunch items — which also include a side of liquor!”
- Tap & Barrel in Olympic Village “For a patio with sunshine!”
- Siegel’s Bagels “Smoke Meat filled bagel on Granville Island, probably the best bagel in town. Fast, good selection, authentic place.”
- MeeT in Gastown or on Main “Extremely delicious! Great cocktails, great food, great service. The place definitely has a local feel. I would strongly recommend this place to anyone (meat-lovers or vegetarians) visiting Vancouver.”
- For Ramen, you’ve got several great options to choose from: The Ramen Butcher, Danbo, & Ramen Jinya
- Tacofino in Gastown or East Village “for some very west coast tacos and burritos”
- The Naam “Casual vegetarian spot with local art, a garden patio & nightly live music, serving natural & vegetarian foods.”
- East is East “Serving Eastern cuisine in a warm, lively environment. Love it!”
- Forage on Robson “Farm-to-table bistro presenting creative, area-sourced plates, plus local beer & wine on tap.”
- Tap & Barrel in Olympic Village “A great spot for a bite, with over 30 beer taps, and a great patio with sunshine!”
- The Flying Pig in Olympic Village “The menu breakdown has a wide range of items and yes, a small portion can be pork. The Flying Pig represents a desire to see the impossible happen every time you visit.”
- The Greek by Anatoli in Yaletown “Cheery, modern Greek eatery with an elevated, meze-style menu & selection of signature cocktails.”
- Martinis on Broadway “Comfy eatery with exposed brick & a bar open until late, crafting pizzas & diverse dishes.”
- La Via Tavere “Hopping pizzeria with patio seating & a quaint interior offering thin-crust, wood-fired pies & wine.”
- Nicli Antica in Gastown “For pizza lovers! The restaurant is a former jail & horse stable, with certified Neapolitan-style pies & a bar.”
- Bauhaus “Housed in a historic building, this stylish outpost offers classic German dishes with a modern spin.”
- Belgard Kitchen and Postmark Brewery “Comfy, wood-walled eatery serving small plates of creative local fare, pizzas, beer & wine.”
- Earnest Ice Cream “Artisanal, hand-crafted (maybe not), hipster ice cream.”
- Sweet Revenge “The most romantic and cozy (read: cramped) desert shop in Vancouver”
- Crack le Creme “A hidden gem with exciting creme brûlée”
- Theirry “So fine chocolates”
- Brekka “24-hour European-style deserts. Cake? Yes, please.”
- Mosquito “Desert + champagne bar”
- Bella Gelateria on Marinaside Crescent “for amazing gelato!”
- Purebread “for some great pastries!”
- Keefer Bar “Cool, steam-punk inspired cocktail bar”
- Juniper “You may love gin, but not as much as them. Incredible cocktails!”
- Pourhouse “Creative cocktails & seasonal fare served in a century-old warehouse setting with a 38-ft. bar.”
- Odd Society Spirits “Combines Old World distilling traditions with New World ingredients and ingenuity to create a family of spirits including whiskey, vodka and gin.”
- Wildabeest “Solid cocktail menu with light snacks”
- Chill Winston “Cocktails in Gastown on the patio”
- Cascade Room “The place for cocktails in Mount Pleasant”
- Uva “Small cocktail bar with live music most Saturdays”
- The Diamond “Bustling craft cocktail lounge with old-world charm overlooking Maple Tree Square & drawing locals.”
- Brassneck Brewery “Craft brewery featuring a chill, rustic tasting room with draft beer, plus a shop for growler fills.”
- 33 Acres Brewery “House-brewed craft beer & cafe fare offered in a cool, minimalist space with rustic accents.”
- Steamworks Brewpub “Cheery microbrewery serving its house beers with diverse pub grub including steaks, pizza & chili.”
- The Alibi Room “Heritage building with 50 taps of local & imported craft beers, plus a menu of locally sourced food.”
- Biercraft “Vancouver’s Original Beer Bar with three locations across Greater Vancouver.”
- Andina Brewing Company “Infusing the flavours of South America and British Columbia, Andina Brewing Company offers Vancouver a brand new experience in the craft beer landscape.”
- Luppolo Brewing Company “Their beer is equally as important as the atmosphere. Located in the “Yeast Van” Brewery District in Vancouver, BC.”
- Parallel 49 Brewery “Brewery with a low-key tasting room offering its craft beer on tap, plus bar bites & growler fills.”
- Postmark Brewery “Vancouver, BC born and built craft brewery. Their West Coast lifestyle and love for great quality beers for every occasion led them to the design, development and brew of their favourite pints.”
- Deep Cove Brewers and Distillers “At Deep Cove Brewers and Distillers, their passion behind it is clear: Celebrate. Everyday. “
- Strange Fellows Brewery “An East Vancouver craft brewery inspired by tradition and creativity, they go beyond the ordinary to celebrate that which is strange* and extraordinary.”
- Strathcona Brewing Company “A craft brewery located in the heart of Strathcona, Vancouver’s oldest and most diverse commercial and residential neighbourhood.”
Activities By Date:
Friday June 23, 2017
Saturday June 24, 2017
- Vancouver Beer Garden
- Andina Brewing Company’s Summer Days Fest
- Vancouver Canadians Baseball Game
- Saturday Night Jazz in Point Grey Village
- Five Alarm Funk on Georgia Street
Sunday June 25, 2017
Hopefully this list has, at the very least, given you some options for how to stay busy and get the most out of your time in Vancouver! See ya’ll at the conference!
Big thanks to Brian Holt, Chelsea Scholz, Tynan Rollo, Kelsey Wong, Judi Cousineau, Chris Demwell, Amy Wood, Jordana Mah, Rob Cameron, Paige Meekison, Erika Finlay and Google Reviews for helping put this list together!